The past couple of days on the Alligator River – Pungo River Canal (AR-PRC) in North Carolina, have been buggy, muggy, and boring (although we did see a black bear!) I couldn’t have made it without these important things…
1. Polarized Aviators – Before this trip, I didn’t care about polarized sunglasses. They cost too much and they were for nerdy fisherman. Now, I don’t go outside without ’em. The Aviator style is ’cause I’m cool like that.
2. No-Slip Hair Bow – When it’s hot out, I can’t deal with the little fly away hairs touching my face and neck. I freak out. Like, for real. These little babies keep it all under control.
3. Wet Towel – Did I mention it’s hot? We keep this Pac-Towel drippy wet and the driver gets to wear it to keep cool. It works.
4. Bug Bite Relief – aka Afterbite – We are tore up over here from green head and mosquito bites! If you saw us, you’d swear we had the chicken pox. This little tube of magic goes where we go to stop the itch!
5. Sarong – Told ya I’m obsessed. Using it here to keep the sun and bugs off my legs and to keep the floor cool-ish. Otherwise, the deck gets crazy hot, and burns my bare feet! Shoes?! Who needs ’em when you’ve got sarongs!?
6. Fly Swatter – I fought this one long and hard, but the AR-PRC brought out the nasty in me! I still don’t have the heart to kill ’em, but I’ve swatted many a fly with this retractable thing (that’s right, it’s retractable!)
There ya have it. Everything you need to survive two days in the Alligator River-Pungo River Canal in July. You. Are. Welcome.